Last Updated: May 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, if you want to be listed as a service professional, you must create an account with us. We also will collect information when you create and update your account, fill out a form, make a purchase, connect with a service requestor or provider, request or respond to a quote, prepare or accept a work order, submit an invoice, request customer support, register for a user conference, complete a survey, or otherwise communicate with us or through the Services. The types of personal information we may collect from you include your basic user information and contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, payment or credit card information, your skill or trade, photograph, feedback, and any other personal information you choose to provide. We may also collect other information about your business such as business financial information (including, but not limited to pricing, invoice, costs, and budget information), customer data, business information (including, but not limited to, industry, number of facilities, business location, maintenance information and maintenance schedule, number of technicians, and taxpayer identification number). We also collect information from you when you make an inquiry from us.
In order to access the Services, you must provide us with the personal information marked with an asterisk on the registration page or if you make an enquiry, otherwise you will not be able to create an account with us and we will be unable to provide you with Services. If you make an enquiry or otherwise contact us, you will need to provide us certain contact information, otherwise we will be unable to respond to you.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect personal information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may collect system log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (such as, IP address, IMEI number, the address of the device’s wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device) and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
If you are a service professional, we may also obtain personal information from other public sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services where we believe that it is necessary to help manage our relationship with you. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties, including but not limited to background check firms, insurance brokers and agents, and publicly available sources.
Entities engaging a service professional through the platform will be able to rate and comment on the service professional. That information will be added to the service professional’s profile and will be available for viewing on the platform.
Use of Information
We may use personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services users request, such as, but not limited to, the service provider directory and service provider ratings;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service and support;
- If you have consented, or if we are otherwise permitted by law to do so, communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, training opportunities and events offered by Corrigo and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor, evaluate and analyze trends, data, transactions, usage and activities in connection with our Services and make recommendations and provide guidance based on the foregoing;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Corrigo and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Assess customer satisfaction;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected;
- If we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any applicable law, regulation or court order and/or to protect our interests and legal rights; and
- For any other purpose for which we have your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- With property management companies and other users of our services. Through our platform, property managers and other interested parties may seek commercial service professionals. These users will have access to the service professional’s profile (with the exception of payment card information), including any ratings or reviews about the professional. When a commercial service professional accepts a job at a particular location, then the engaging entity, on the date of the assignment, will have access to the location information that is tracked through the mobile application. We use this information to facilitate payment, confirm scheduling, and for purposes related to ensuring performance of the particular job.
- With vendors, consultants, third-party payment processors, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf or who help us to provide the Services to you;
- With other users of the Services that you choose to connect with through the Services;
- To any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies, or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Corrigo, our affiliates (see below) or others;
- As permitted or required by local law, in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts: for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To any other party at your consent or at your direction; and
- Otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may share business name, contact information, ratings, number of work orders performed through the Corrigo Services, and other information in a service provider’s profile, with our enterprise users in connection with making recommendations to those enterprise users.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information without restriction including for analytics, business intelligence and benchmarking purposes, provided such data cannot be re-identified.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store your personal information on computer databases located in the USA and/or in hard copy locally (depending on the type of information), and take reasonable technical and organisational measures (including by implementing physical and electronic security measures) to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We may engage external service providers to assist us in storing and securing your personal information and will take reasonable steps to ensure that we have appropriate contractual arrangements with our third parties to ensure adequate safeguards are in place such that the risks of your personal information being unlawfully used, amended, deleted, lost or stolen are minimised, and that such third parties will act at all times in compliance with applicable personal information protection laws.
We cannot guarantee that our website or the app will function faultless and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Corrigo is based in the United States and the personal information we collect through the Services is subject to U.S. law, in addition to any local law in your jurisdiction that is applicable to the Services (if you are using the Services from a country outside the U.S.). It may also be processed by our personnel and the employees of our affiliates and third party service providers who operate outside of Canada.
By creating an account, accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of your personal information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where the laws governing your information may be different to the laws of Canada. You acknowledge that applicable laws in those jurisdictions might permit foreign governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies to access the information in those jurisdictions.
Your personal information will only be transferred to locations outside of Canada where we are satisfied that adequate or comparable levels of protection are in place to protect personal information held in that country.
Access Request. You have the right to request access to your personal information in our control or possession, and information about the ways in which this personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by us (unless otherwise requested for within the year before the date of your request) in accordance with applicable law.
Updating/ Correcting Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us on the details set out below. We encourage you to update or correct your information if your details change, or if you think that the information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date.
Deactivating your Account: If you wish to deactivate your account, or where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information at any time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on the details set out below, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Direct Marketing and Promotional Communications. From time to time, and in accordance with applicable law, which may require your consent, we would like to send you information either via SMS, telephone, push notifications, post or email that we think may be of interest to you (including in relation to our products and services, and the products and services of our selected partners, subsidiaries and affiliates), but we can only do this with your consent. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing email@example.com or by contacting us using the details below. If you opt out of these communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations, unless you have also withdrawn your consent more generally to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or by contacting us using the details below.