This Privacy Statement explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by Corrigo Incorporated (“Corrigo”, “we”, “us”, “our”). This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect, use and disclose when you use our websites, mobile applications and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”), when you contact customer service, or when you otherwise interact with us. This information may include “personal information” (which for the purposes of this statement shall include personal data or the equivalent term under applicable law).
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes, where practical we will provide you with notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, if you want to be listed as a service professional, you must create an account with us. We also will collect information when you create and update your account, fill out a form, connect with a service requestor or provider, request or respond to a quote, prepare or accept a work order, submit an invoice, request customer support, register for a user conference, complete a survey, or otherwise communicate with us or through the Services. The types of personal information we may collect from you include your basic user information and contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, payment or credit card information, your skill or trade, photograph, feedback, and any other personal information you choose to provide. We may also collect other information about your business such as business financial information (including, but not limited to pricing, invoice, costs, and budget information), customer data, business information (including, but not limited to, industry, number of facilities, business location, maintenance information and maintenance schedule, number of technicians, and taxpayer identification number). We also collect information from you when you make an inquiry from us.
In order to access the Services you must provide us with the personal information marked with an asterisk on the registration page, otherwise you will not be able to create an account with us and we will be unable to provide you access to the Services. If you make an enquiry or otherwise contact us, you will need to provide us certain contact information for us to be able to respond to you.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect personal information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may collect system log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (such as, IP address, IMEI number, the address of the device’s wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device) and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources:
If you are a service professional, we may also obtain personal information from other public sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services where we believe that it is necessary to help manage our relationship with you for a legitimate business interest. In addition, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including but not limited to background check firms, insurance brokers and agents, and publicly available sources.
Entities engaging a service professional through the platform will be able to rate and comment on the service professional. That information will be added to the service professional’s profile and will be available for viewing on the platform.
Use of Information:
We may use personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services users request, such as, but not limited to, the service provider directory and service provider ratings;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service and support;
- If you have requested, or if we are otherwise permitted by law to do so, we may communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, training opportunities and events offered by Corrigo and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you in order to enhance your experience or legitimate business interest;
- Monitor, evaluate and analyze trends, data, transactions, usage and activities in connection with our Services and make recommendations and provide guidance based on the foregoing;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Corrigo and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Assess customer satisfaction;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected;
- If we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any applicable law, regulation or court order and/or to protect our interests and legal rights; and
- For any other purpose for yours or our legitimate interest.
Sharing of Information
We use your personal information for the purposes set out above and where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; or
- our use of your personal information is necessary to support ‘legitimate interests’ that we have as a business (for example, to improve our products, or to carry out analytics across our datasets), provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights.
We may share your personal information as follows:
- With property management companies and other users of our services. Through our platform, property managers and other interested parties may seek commercial service professionals. These users will have access to the service professional’s profile (with the exception of payment card information), including any ratings or reviews about the professional. When a commercial service professional accepts a job at a particular location, then the engaging entity, on the date of the assignment, will have access to the location information that is tracked through the mobile application. We use this information to facilitate payment, confirm scheduling, and for purposes related to ensuring performance of the particular job.
- With vendors, consultants, third-party payment processors, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf or who help us to provide the Services to you;
- With other users of the Services that you choose to connect with through the Services;
- To any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies, or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Corrigo, our affiliates (see below) or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts: for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Between and among Corrigo and its affiliates, (see https://www.corrigo.com) for purposes consistent with this privacy statement; where applicable, and as permitted by local law, the local Corrigo affiliated entity may market to you;
- To any other party for your or our legitimate interest; and
- Otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may share business name, contact information, ratings, number of work orders performed through the Corrigo Services, and other information in a service provider’s profile, with our enterprise users in connection with making recommendations to those enterprise users.
The website or app may contain links to and from the websites of other third parties. If you access other sites using the links provided, please be aware they may have their own privacy statement, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these statements or for any personal information which may be collected through these websites. Please check these statements before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Nevertheless, under no circumstances, we will have any liability or responsibility for those sites, application and other Internet channels or their policies because their performance is apart from the scope of our processing of personal data and it does not qualify as personal data process or as any transfer of personal data. Information collected by those third parties, which may include things like your contact details, are governed by their own privacy policies. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies in order to be informed about the consent for the treatment that you are granting to those third parties. You acknowledge that Corrigo does not control the collection and use of your personal information by those third parties. We may make your personal information available to those third parties in accordance with the terms of our services agreement with that third party. We encourage you to learn about their privacy policies in order to be informed about the consent for the treatment that you are granting to of those third parties.
We store your personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy (depending on the type of information), and take reasonable technical, environmental, administrative and organizational measures (including by implementing physical and electronic security measures) to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
To the extent required by law, we take reasonable steps to destroy, or de-identify or redact personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it, for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out in this privacy statement) and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We cannot guarantee that our website or the app will function faultless and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
As it was mentioned, we guarantee a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from the abovementioned events, however, we are not responsible for the security of the personal information you transmit to us through networks, medias, devices and others that we do not control, including but not limited to the Internet and wireless networks. Due to that, in those cases you are solely responsible for the safety and security of your personal information, so keep in mind that your log-on information should not be revealed, stored, exposed or shared to any third.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Corrigo (the importer) is based in the United States and the personal information we collect through the Services is stored in the U.S. and subject to U.S. law, in addition to any local law in your jurisdiction that is applicable to the Services (if you are using the Services from a country outside the U.S.). For legitimate and justified purposes, it may also be disclosed or processed between our overseas offices and our affiliates (see above for a list) as well as by our personnel and the employees of our affiliates and third-party service providers who operate outside of the U.S. and/or your country of residency.
By creating an account, accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of your personal information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where the laws governing your information may be different to the local laws in your jurisdiction.
Your personal information will only be transferred to locations outside of the U.S., and/or your country of residency, where we are satisfied that adequate or comparable levels of protection are in place to protect personal information. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that: (i) internal transfers will be covered by an intra-group agreement which gives specific contractual protections designed to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate and consistent level of protection when it is transferred between our affiliates; and (ii) we have appropriate contractual arrangements with our third parties to ensure adequate safeguards are in place such that the risks of your personal information being unlawfully used, amended, deleted, lost or stolen are minimised, and that such third parties will act at all times in compliance with applicable personal information protection laws. You may have a right to details of the mechanism under which your data is transferred outside of the U.S. or your country of residency.
You may have all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
Access Request. To access and obtain a copy of your personal information in our control or possession, and information about how and on what basis this personal information is processed by us.
Updating/ Correcting Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our Privacy Team (see below). We encourage you to update or correct your information if your details change, or if you think that the information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date.
Restricting Processing: To request that we restrict processing of your personal information where: (i) the accuracy of the personal information is contested, (ii) the processing is unlawful but you object to your personal information being erased, (iii) where it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or (iv) you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending. You may also have the right to challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest.
Portability: To ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ‘ported’ directly to another data controller, but in each case only where, the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and the processing is carried out by automated means.
Deactivating your Account: If you wish to deactivate your account, or object to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information at any time, please email us at email@example.com or contact our Privacy Team (see below), but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Erasure: Where applicable, you may request that we erase your personal information, for example, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to accept the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not accept to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially accepted to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. Cookies are primarily used to enhance your online experience and are not used to track the navigational habits of identified visitors, unless we obtain your permission to do so. If you visit our sites to read or download information, much of the information we do collect is statistical only (e.g., the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site) and not personally identifiable. We use this information about the number of visitors and their use of the sites in aggregate form to make our sites more useful and attractive to you. Some of the cookies we use are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including numbers of visitors to the site, the pages visited and where visitors have come to the site from.
Direct Marketing and Promotional Communications. From time to time, we would like to send you information either via SMS, telephone, push notifications/alerts, post or email that we think may be of interest to you (including in relation to our products and services, and the products and services of our selected partners, subsidiaries and affiliates), but we can only do so when you opt in with your preferences. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of these communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations, unless you have also withdrawn your consent more generally to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. We may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device if you have opted in to receive them. You can deactivate these promotional messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or by contacting email@example.com.
To make any requests as outlined above or if you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or for more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at Privacy Team, Corrigo Incorporated, 8245 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Tualatin, OR 97062 USA. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority, in respect of our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Please note, we will not ask for a fee to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, unless your request for access to information is unfounded, excessive or repetitive access to information requests when the response to the exercise of the right requires a higher cost than ordinarily designated by us for such purposes, in which case we will charge a reasonable amount in the circumstances.